Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dirty Thirty

You guys, in just a few days I will be... thirty. It seems absolutely ridiculous.

I initially wrote out this whole post about how cool I am with turning 30 and how it's no big deal. I love my life, and I would much rather be 30 then in my early 20's again. I feel like I know myself and have more confidence. I have the best husband ever, cutie pie animals, live in a beautiful state, and..... I totally feel old saying that I'm almost 30 and am really kinda freaking out, just a bit.


First, is anyone else out there binge watching Friends like it's your job? I was never super into it while it was on and now I'm dangerously close to believing that they are all my real life BFF's. Ok, who am I kidding, I'm already there. Moving on....

It's not even that I feel old saying I'm 30 but more of a feeling of being an imposter. Taylor mentioned he learned from his first job out of college that adults are all just players in an improv show. We are all just winging it all of the time. And I guess that's what I feel 30 is like. I still don't have babies, struggle to pay bills on time, am horrible at cleaning and can't wake up early to save my life. For some reason I figured I would be cured of this by the time I was the magical age of 30. Well, not the babies part, but you get what I'm saying.

So bring it on 30. I'm excited to be done with 29 and start a new year. But mostly I'm excited to eat cake all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment