Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015 Resolutions

If you remember, my resolution for 2014 was to be happy. I thought it would be a simple and straightforward goal, but life is rarely that. It was one of the hardest years of my life. I spent a lot of time depressed, which, as we all know, is kinda sorta the exact opposite of happy. Blerg. While it wasn't the happiest year ever it was one filled with gratitude for my amazing family, all of my family. Aunts and Uncles, cousins, in-laws, my parents, siblings and grandparents, all of them. And oh yeah, my amazing husband. I could not have made it through the year without all of these people helping me, especially Chad. So while it may not have been the happiest year of my life, I was reminded that I have the best family around.

Taking a sitting break in Vegas because walking/standing is hard.
2015 is a new year though, a better year hopefully, cross you fingers people. And while I'm hesitant to make a simple resolution again and jinx myself, I'm doing it anyways. This year I'm going to focus on taking care of my body. I want to get my back and piriformis into the best shape possible and really focus on all areas of self care.

Dad and I at Healthy Posture class
So what does my healthy year look like?

  • More Fruits and Veggies, less processed foods and LESS SUGAR! 
  • My Healthy Posture Class, 3 times a week.
  • Home cooked meals, by Chad... lol, ok and me too occasionally.
  • Trying new classes at my gym, once I've recovered from the Idaho car ride :)
  • Lots of water and remembering to take my vitamins
  • Learn 1 new song on the piano, really reaching for the stars here.
  • Church starts at 9am this year, so much better than 1 o'clock.
  • Stretch in the morning and eat breakfast.
  • Travel and camp in all of the beautiful southwestern places that are so close to us.

This year is all about being the healthiest I can be. I'm trying to focus on all the things I can add into my life to make it healthier and not necessarily on all the things I'm trying to cut out, ahem, all the sugar. It's not about loosing weight or fitting into something but making permanent lifestyle changes so that I'm not dealing with a disability for a year ever again.

Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2015 :)

What are your resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment