Thursday, July 26, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

 
Awkward:

  • While walking down the hall to get to our theater last Friday, a little kid asked us if we needed help. Uh, nope. I'm an adult. I'm also perfectly capable of finding theater 5. Especially when there's only 8 to choose from. Thanks for the offer little 8 year old.
  • A teenage girl in the dressing room announcing to her mom that she's fatter than she should be. That wasn't so awkward but then her mom responds with, "Well, yeah". What?! Then follows it up with, "Zumba honey, zumba!!!". Way to make your daughter feel great in a dressing room full of people.
  • A teenager came out of the dressing room with 2 items she wanted. The dressing room attendant asked where the rest of her 10 items were. "Back in the changing room". She then asked the girl to go back and get them. The teenage girl responded with "Isn't that your job?". Wow, really? The employee simply said No, it's not, please go get them.
  • Spending all day on Wednesday making new catagories and organizing my pinterest account. Logging on this morning only to find that none of the new boards I created show up. Guess what I'll be doing again today? Oooh, poor Danielle has to play on Pinterest all day at work.
  • Waking up to an OUTRAGEOUS thunderstorm in the middle of the night. It seriously sounded like bombs were going off. At first I thought it was because they woke me up, maybe they were louder in my sleepy mind, but nope, everyone thought we were uder attack.
  • Trying to discreetly cut something in Home Depot and getting caught. All of us pretended like nothing was happening but we all knew. We bought the metal cutting scissor things and then cut our metal sheet in parking lot. Chad then went in and returned them. Done and Done.

Awesome:

  • New Jeans. I've been putting off getting new jeans for, oh, I don't know... over a year. No biggie. My favorite 2 pairs finally died this spring. I'm mean d-i-e-d. They are going to split down the crotch with any sudden movement. During our Pioneer Day extravaganza I found a pair that were.... Long enough!!!!.... and on Sale!!!! TaDa! I actually wore some wedges with them they were that long. It was glorious.
  • Getting paid to watch Master Chef at work.
  • Werther's Original Candy. I love hard candy. Only the butterscotch ones though.
  • Batman. The movie rocked. I want to go see it again. Plus going to the movie theater means we get red bull and candy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment