Thursday, April 18, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

It's almost the weekend.

I am almost done with work. Chad is almost done with school, almost done with the semester. My back is almost feeling better. Chad is almost ready for his crazy climb on Saturday. My kitchen is almost clean. The cold spell that hit us this week is almost gone. But most importantly...

that's right, it's almost the weekend.

Awkward:
  • Talking with a patient on the phone who sounded like one of the frog muppets from Muppets Take Manhattan. I may have thought this was waaaaay funnier than it really was.
  • A creepy patient coming in to pay his bill while I'm all alone in the office. Worst part? Not the weird staring, unbrushed hair in his face, or smell.....it was his 2 inch long, curled nails. Eeeeewww.
  • The freakout that ensued while trying to thaw my feet out. We were up north making a video for Chad's class and I was running around in snow up to my ankles in tights and flats. So yeah, basically barefoot. Numb feet hurt, Un-numbing feet hurt even worse.
  • Speaking of making a video for Chad's class, my "acting" in it. The last time I had to do anything close to this was recording a lip sync in my 8th grade English class. I am no natural. Chad was kind though and only made me speak a total of 3 times. He knew even that was pushing it.

Awesome:
  • Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
  • Penny loves the new couch and the hiding spot it creates for her.
  • Watching my crazy husband climb up giant rock faces and scream like a wild man.
  • Taking a break from the exercising due to my old lady back. Crippled back, not so awesome. Forced break from running/P90X, kinda awesome :)
  • Private Selection ice cream from Kroger (Smith's, whatevs). It's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment