Friday, January 3, 2014

Happiness


Celebrating the New Year at Green Valley
This past year was definitely one of growth around here. Lessons learned and then learned again. Lots of mistakes made, lots of failing. Plenty of new fears conquered, lots of new things tried, and some great accomplishments. It was hard, it was fantastic and it ended wonderfully. I'm still working on the person I would like to become, but I think that's something you never stop working at. Lots of progress was made in that department over the last couple months and I can't wait to carry it through in to 2014.

Rather than making specific goals that I can check off, Chad and I decided to take a different approach this year. My "goal"?


BE HAPPY

Be happy in body

Be happy in spirit

Be happy in my relationships

Be happy in who I am


I want to work more on doing the things that make me happy. Climbing, eating more veggies, playing the piano, sleeping in, painting my nails, yoga, dressy date nights, baking, hiking.... the list goes on. I'm excited about the shift in thinking that I've had, I don't need to check off specific goals, just work on one overall theme, happiness. Because, really, isn't that what it's all about?

Good luck with all of your resolutions and most importantly, may you have a Happy 2014!

“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.  Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re Doing Something.  So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.  Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”  ― Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment