Monday, January 6, 2014

Tales of the Traveling Corset

One of the best gifts given this year was......


Can't beat that.

My great grandma's corset makes it's rounds in the Portela family. It's the eternal white elephant gift that we all can't wait to get on our birthdays, graduations, or sometimes for no reason at all. At times it will make it's rounds quickly, other times it will disappear for months, driving my Grandma absolutely crazy wondering where it is. A couple years ago we started taking pictures of the lucky recipients in said corset and made a book that travels along with it. Pictures of your grandpa in a corset, priceless.

So we took my great grandma's corset for a little trip into the mountains, where of course, we had a photo shoot of our own.



Gently sliding the corset down the rope :)

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing out loud! Can I be an honorary member of your family?

    ReplyDelete