Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Happy {4}

Let's be real here. As I tried to write a simple post about my happiness in April I realized I didn't have a whole lot. It was another rough month. I kept making just enough progress to keep my chiropractor from ordering an MRI, but not enough to where I felt like I was actually getting better. The weather here is perfect this time of month and I've been spending my days fighting through work and then coming home and crashing, hard. Not a whole lot of climbing or hiking for us. I've been exhausted and in pain all month long. Needless to say it's been a fairly depressing and very stressful month for both me and Chad.

Like I posted yesterday, I am getting better, and I've made a lot of progress in the past week, thanks to Chad. Now that we have found exercises and stretches that work (and I've stopped going to the chiropractor) I'm very hopeful about finally getting better. My goal is to be able to stand up by the time Val and Bill get out here.

I have learned one very big important lesson through this whole ugly experience. One that I hear all the time but hasn't ever effected me so much, health is everything. Everything. Once I can get this problem fixed I need to get to work. I have a finicky SI joint, tight psoas muscles, an overworked piriformis and a weaker core and glutes. It is what it is. Sitting all day has not been kind to me. I have never been so excited to know what parts of my body are not pulling their weight!

Part of this lesson is learning that I need to care for my body better. Not just sneak in some vitamins here and there and work out on the weekends. I need to create a better lifestyle for myself. To be honest I don't think I had a horrible lifestyle before, I just need to do better. I need to listen to what my body needs on a daily basis: water, rest, exercise, sun, fruits, veggies, the list goes on . I need to make taking care of my body one of my very top priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment