Friday, September 7, 2012

Confessions

1. I am an NPR girl. After years of listening to music at work it was sooooo nice to work in a lab where our professsor choose to listen to NPR. I had never listened to it but it quickly grew on me. My coworkers hated it. It would drive them crazy. I l-o-v-e-d it. Still do. Half the time I'm learning something cool and the other half of the time I just sort of zone out to it and have it as background noise. Chad will often make comments on whatever was just said and I'll have no idea what's going on.

2. I'm addicted to fashion blogs. You wouldn't ever know it considering I'm usually found in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, or workout clothes. Chad's family all knows I'm generally wearing a crappy old white shirt with a picture of me and Jared ironed on the front. I like to keep it classy like that. After a long day in scrubs it's hard to come home and put on clothes that actually fit, workout clothes and extremely old (and slightly holey) t-shirts are much more comfy. Maybe someday I'll learn to put my clothes together to look like all the fabulous girls on these blogs I read, or at least on the weekends.


Pinned Image
The Day Book
3. After being a complete girl and buying shoes all the time and getting quite the collection (well quite the collection for a college girl on a budget) I can't remember the last pair of shoes I bought that weren't for running, or to replace my cheap-o sandals. While I am strangely proud of this it also makes me a little sad.


4. I haven't played the piano since December. I've got the key to the church so I can go up there if I want but I've been lame and I haven't. Long term goal: buy a nice electronic keyboard.

5. I have a love/hate relationship with my retainer. I hate it because it's a retainer, come on. I love it because it keeps my teeth looking nice and my head from throbbing due to shifting teeth. After abadoning it a month (or so) ago I started getting these headaches everyday. I thought they were from my last wisdom tooth slowly starting to invade my face but I'm hoping part of it was just the massive shifting my teeth were doing without my handy dandy retainer.

The past two nights have been ridiculously painful. I just jammed my retainer into place and swallowed a handful of advil before trying to sleep so I didn't have to deal with the pain. It kinda worked. My teeth are getting back into place and I will hopefully remember to wear my gosh darn retainer a couple of times a week!

6. My wisdom tooth is in fact invading my face though and I need to find a dentist that will remove this thing asap for next to nothing without permanantley damaging my face. I don't think they exist.




2 comments:

  1. I am an NPR girl, too! Funny enough, I had a few friends and college that only listened to it in their cars, and it drove me crazy. Now, I've either got NPR or K-Love streaming through my computer in our house, at all times. Funny how things change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing they change! Funny though, if I'm not listening to NPR I listening to horrible pop music. I can't help it. It calls to me! It drives Chad nuts though so it's my guilty pleasure for the rare occasions that I'm driving alone.

      Delete