Apparently Fall has come and gone for Cedar City. It was a giant fail. We still had a picnic by the river, Rukia ran around to her hearts content and we snapped a few pictures anyways.
Need something to make your Monday better? This will definitely do the trick! I made 2 loaves of Banana Bread last week and threw one in the freezer for this week. I broke that guy out of the freezer on Wednesday and it was finished up on Saturday. We love our banana bread, even more if it's got some chocolate chips thrown in ;)
Best banana bread trick? When your bananas start to get real ripe, like brown, throw them out there no good here come the flies, brown... peel them open and throw the guts into a plastic Ziploc baggie and then throw that guy in the freezer. No wasted bananas and banana bread anytime you like without waiting for ripe bananas.
- 2/3 C Shortening
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 C Flou
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c mashed banana
- 1/2 C walnuts... or chocolate chips :)
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat well
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients alternatley with bananas, blending well after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts or as many chocolate chips as you want! Or both...
- Pour into a well greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes