Friday we drove Nikki and Matt back down to Vegas. We walked the strip, looked at things we couldn't afford, gambled away a grand total of $6 between the four of us and then cried all the way home from the airport. Chad and I were hoping we could convince Nikki and Matt to stay forever with all of our sno cone goodness and awesome National Parks. They had three better reasons to go back home :)
|Best Picture Ever? I thought so too. Other people take beautiful pictures with their camera phones, I take these. |
Saturday we also got a Fall Package from my Mom and Dad! Is there anything better than getting surprise boxes in the mail? We put up holiday decorations they sent, ate all of the chocolate, and made Bran Muffins. My mom sent me everything I needed to make these muffins and easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Those are on the list to make tonight! :)
These Bran Muffins are awesome. Not only do they taste great but you can make up the whole recipe and store it in your fridge for up to 6 weeks. Feeling like muffins? Pull out the batter and bake some up! The longer you let it sit the better the batter gets, breaking down all the cereal. I can never wait though and made a half batch on Sunday afternoon with raisins and chocolate chips.
Thanks Mom and Dad! ;)
Refrigerator Bran Muffins
- 5 t baking soda dissolved in 2 c boiling water
- 1qt. buttermilk (if you don't have any add 4T lemon juice or vinegar to milk, walah!)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 5 c wheat flour
- 1 c shortening
- 1 t salt
- 3 c All Bran
- 2 c Bran Flakes
1. In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles crumbs.
2. Mix eggs and soda water together and add buttermilk.
3. Stir in the cereals and mix until just moistened.
4. Store in the fridge in a covered container until ready to bake. Will last for 6 weeks.
5. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.