Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I like to Move It, Move It

It's been pretty quiet around our house. Chad's been hopped up on pain killers and hasn't left the bed much. I've been trying to keep him comfortable, keep his meds coming, and pack his lovely wound. It's a good thing Dr. E could show me the ropes, otherwise I don't know if I could have handled the grossness. Because it's gross.

Moving on from my husbands open, gaping wound...

And on to my back. Yikes. I'll spare you the rambling and lists of complaints and just say that I think that the solution is to work out and stretch, stretch, stretch. And then stretch some more. Along with heat and ice (thank you again Dr. E). If you haven't noticed, Dr. E has been saving us lately.

So because I need the daily exercise for multiple reasons I figured that this was in order:

Half Marathon Training Schedule:


WEEK MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN TOTAL MILES









1 Rest 2 miles Rest 2.5 miles Rest 3 miles 2 easy miles 9.5
2 Rest 2 miles Rest 3 miles CT/Rest 4 miles 2.5 easy miles 11.5
3 Rest 2.5 miles 2 miles 3 miles CT/Rest 5 miles 2 easy miles 14.5
4 Rest 3 miles Rest 4 miles CT/Rest 6 miles 3 easy miles 16
5 Rest 3 miles 3 easy miles 3 miles CT/Rest 7 miles 3 easy miles 19
6 Rest 4 miles CT 4 miles CT/Rest 8 miles 2 easy miles 18
7 Rest 4 miles Rest 4 miles CT/Rest 9 miles 3 easy miles 20
8 Rest 4 miles CT 3 miles CT/Rest 10 miles 2 easy miles 19
9 Rest 5 miles 3 easy miles 4 miles CT/Rest 11 miles Rest 23
10 3 easy miles 4 miles Rest 3 miles CT/Rest 12 miles 2 easy miles 24
11 Rest 4 miles Rest 3 miles CT/Rest 5 miles 2.5 easy miles 14.5
12 Rest 2 miles 20 minutes Rest 20 minutes 13.1!!! Rest 15.1 + 40 min

Have I signed up for a race? Um... no. Mostly because I don't want to shell out a bunch of money and partly because there really aren't any races near here until we get closer to the fall and the sun isn't trying to bake us alive. Until I find something I'll just have to let my back and the shooting pain into my leg be my motivator. Hopefully by the time Chad's healed up I'll be able to keep up better with him and he can just jump into the plan with me!

Wish me luck peeps :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I need to get back in to a schedule and I think I need to sign up for the 1/2 here that's in NOvember to motivate me. But I keep thinking how much I dread it while training, but at the same time...I think I'm hooked. Hooked on something I hate doing - sad.

    ReplyDelete